1. Cleans Glass. Mixed with water or simply sprayed full-strength on glass and mirrors, vinegar does a great job quickly and easily. Simply wipe windows dry with crumpled-up newspapers and watch your windows sparkle.
2. Clean your car. Use it full-strength to polish car chrome with a cloth and see it shine! Use it on your cars windshield and windows, too.
3. Cleans drinking glasses. Soak cloudy drinking glasses in warmed white vinegar for a few hours to remove the film, simply wipe clean, rinse, and dry.
4. Clean your washing machine. Periodically run a gallon of distilled vinegar through your washing machine to clean it thoroughly, get rid of soap scum, and clear out the hoses. Run the machine through the warm water wash cycle empty and then add the vinegar during the rinse cycle.
5. Furniture Polish. Make your own furniture polish with one part vinegar and three parts lemon oil or olive oil.
6. Remove price tags or stickers Paint them with several coats of vinegar and let it soak in. Depending what you are removing them off of is whether they’ll slide off easily or require a little heavier rubbing.
7. Clean your IRON -Put vinegar in the water holder and let it steam itself clean. Remember to flush it with water when you are done.
8. Clean paintbrushes -Simmer paintbrushes in pure vinegar, then wash in hot soapy water.
9. Wash walls. Wipe down your walls with a vinegar-water mixture and it will help absorb odors and clean the surfaces.
10. Remove spots from glass.Use a vinegar-soaked cloth to remove spots from any glassware or crystal.
11. Unclog drains Pour boiling white vinegar down clogged drains to remove the clog!
12. Clean jars. Remove odors and stains from jars by cleaning them out with vinegar.
13. Clean an old lunchbox. Soak a piece of bread in vinegar and let it
sit in the lunchbox over night.
14. To loosen splattered on food in the microwave, boil 1 cup of water with ¼ cup of white distilled vinegar in the microwave. This solution will also remove any odors from inside the microwave.
15. To eliminate odor from a garbage disposal, freeze equal amounts of vinegar and water in ice cube trays. Once frozen, drop the cubes into the garbage disposal and run the cold water down the drain for 2 minutes.
16. Vinegar can be used to clean automatic coffee makers. Run the coffee maker on the regular brewing cycle after filling the reservoir with white distilled vinegar. Run a cycle of regular water thru after the vinegar cycle to eliminate any vinegar odor or taste.
17. Pouring a cup of vinegar down the drain for 30 minutes, once a week will deodorize the kitchen drain. After the vinegar has sat for 30 minutes, rinse the drain with cold water.
18. You can deodorize the refrigerator by using 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Set the cup in the refrigerator for two days to remove any odor.
19. To give the refrigerator a good cleaning, use 1 cup of water and 1 cup of white distilled vinegar. Apply this solution to a rag to wash the refrigerator.
20. For cleaner dishes, pour 1 ½ cups of white distilled vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher. Use the normal dish detergent and run the dishwaster on the normal cycle for spotless dishes.
21. You can use undiluted white distilled vinegar to disinfect and clean wooden cutting boards and chopping blocks.
22. By using ½ cup of vinegar mixed with ¼ cup water, you can clean stainless steel appliances. When applied with a soft cloth it can remove streaks off the appliances.
23.Polish brass to a beautiful shine by using 1 cup of white distilled vinegar, 1 teaspoon of table salt, and floor. Use enough flour to form a paste, and then apply it into the metals. After leaving the solution on for 15 minutes, rinse the brass clean using warm water. Polish the brass until it is dry.
24. Washing hard surfaces in the kitchennwith white distilled vinegar can help to eliminate ants from the kitchen.
25. Teapot cleaning Boil a mixture of water and vinegar in the teapot. Wipe away the grime.
Clean eyeglasses Wipe each lens with a drop of vinegar.
20. Remove stains from furniture and upholstery Remove stubborn stains
from furniture upholstery and clothes. Apply Heinz White Vinegar
directly to the stain, then wash as directed by the manufacturer’s
21. Natural air deodorizer Heinz Vinegar is a natural air freshener when sprayed in a room.
22. Remove rust Soak the rusted tool, bolt, or spigot in undiluted Heinz White Vinegar overnight.
23. Toilet bowl Pour in one cup of Heinz White Vinegar, let it stand for five minutes, and flush.
24. Remove detergent from clothes in final rinse, Brighten fabrics Add a 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
25. Natural cleaning wipes A cloth soaked with vinegar for sanitizing kitchen counters, stove, and bathroom surfaces. This is just as effective as the anti-bacterial products and does not promote resistant strains like the commercial products can, this is also a cheaper and greener way to protect your loved ones.
26. Remove lint from laundry Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
27. Remove grease from suede Dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently brush over grease spot.
28. Remove perspiration stains from clothing Apply one part vinegar to four parts water, then rinse.
29. Clean coffee or tea stains from china A mixture of salt and vinegar will clean coffee and tea stains from chinaware.
30. Fabric Softener Replacement I use vinegar in place of fabric softener in my laundry. I use the same amount as fabric softener plus twice the amount of water (so 2 parts water, 1 part vinegar) and put it in my fabric softener dispenser. Clothes come out soft and scent free. It also helps reduce static (I still have some but not enough for me to go buy fabric softener!).
Vinegar Tips for Floors:
31. Carpet stains are common in many households, especially those with children and pets. Next time a carpet stain appears, mix 1 pint of warm water with 1 teaspoon of a liquid laundry detergent, then add in 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar. This mixture will work well to remove non-oily stains from the carpet. Using a small brush or towel, apply the mixture to a stain, rubbing it in lightly. After this is done, use a clean towel, dampened with water to spot dry the surface. Use these steps until the stain is removed and then promptly dry the area with a hair dryer or fan.
32. Vinegar can also be used to clean no-wax floors. Add 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to 1 gallon of warm water to make a moping solution.
Vinegar Tips for the Bathroom:
1. In your bath water. Add ½ cup of vinegar or so to warm bath water when bathing and get double benefits : softer skin and a cleaner bathtub with less work!
2. Hair Conditioner. Vinegar makes a simple, inexpensive conditioner for your hair and helps remove the sticky stuff shampoo can leave behind. About a tablespoon in a few cups of water will do it.
3. Dandruff Treatment Simply pour a few Tablespoons of vinegar on your hair and massage into your scalp. Wait a few minutes, then rinse and wash hair like normal. Try this for a few days until you see results.
4. Weight Loss. Vinegar naturally helps to remove fat from the body – Apple cider vinegar is especially good for this. Drink 1 tablespoon or more in a glass of water a few times a day, and add a little lemon or honey for a nicer flavor. This will also help reduce your appetite.
5. Cracked, dry skin. Smooth a little vinegar on dried skin to help it heal.
6. Clean dentures Soak dentures overnight in Heinz White Vinegar, then brush away tartar with a toothbrush.
7. Facial Spritzer mix 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water into a spray bottle. Refreshing!
8. Hair Cleanser – Take 1 cup of vinegar and warm water into a large glass and use to rinse your hair after you shampoo. Vinegar adds highlights to brunette hair, restores the acid mantel, and removes soap film and sebum oil.
9. Longer lasting pantyhose -Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the rinse water when washing and your pantyhose will last longer!
10. Toenail Fungus Treatment Another use for vinegar…….Soak your feet in a strong solution of 10% vinegar and 90% water at least daily to get rid of toenail fungus.
11. Showerheads can be unclogged by soaking the showerheads in white distilled vinegar over night. If the showerhead can not be removed, wrap a vinegar saturated towel around the shower head for the same effect.
12 To remove soap scum from bathtubs, wipe the surfaces with white distilled vinegar, and then wipe with soda. When this is complete, rinse the surface with clean water to remove the soap scum.
13. Shower doors can easily be cleaned by washing them with a sponge soaked in white distilled vinegar, leaving the doors scum free.
14. To remove stains from the toilet, apply white distilled vinegar to the stains and scrub them away. Afterwards, put 3 cups of white distilled vinegar into the toilet, letting it sit for 30 minutes to eliminate any odor.
Vinegar Tips for Walls and Windows:
1.General Household Cleaner Keep some vinegar diluted in a spray bottle. Use this for wiping down counter tops (at night only so smell goes away) .
2. Removes smoke stains from walls (Submitted by Kathy) To remove nicotine from walls before painting, always use vinegar in hot water. Will remove stains and the nicotine will not bleed through the paint. It is especially good in bathrooms, where there is a lot of steam from
showers. Be very careful to use rubber gloves because the nicotine will absorb into the skin and you will get the same effect as smoking.
3. put in dishwasher to use in place of jet dry.
4. Rings left from wet glasses on woodenfurniture can often be difficult to remove. By mixing 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar and 1 teaspoon of olive oil, you can create a mixture to assist you in removing the rings. Use a towel to apply the mixture to the furniture, rubbing with the grain of the wood. Afterwards, polish the furniture for an amazing result.
5. To have streak freewindowsin your home, mix ½ cup of white distilled vinegar and ½ cup warm water. Apply this solution with a soft cloth to have beautifully clean windows.
6. By mixing 1 gallon of warm water, ½ cup white distilled vinegar, 1 cup ammonia, and ¼ cup of baking soda; you can make a great solution to clean your wall woodwork, painted walls, and Venetian Blinds.
Vinegar Tips for the Garden:
1. Clay Pot Cleaning Remove white salt buildup on old clay pots by soaking them in full strength vinegar.
2. Kills grass. Undiluted vinegar will kill grass between bricks and sidewalk cracks.
3. Kills weeds. Spray full strength on weeds – be careful not to spray it on the surrounding grass as it will kill that too.
4. Deter Ants Spray vinegar around doors, appliances, and along other areas where ants are known to gather.
5. Keep Cats Away Keep cats away. Sprinkle vinegar on areas you don’t want the cat walking, sleeping, or scratching on.
6. Freshen Cut Flowers Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and 2 tablespoon sugar for each quart of water.
7. To give your plants a vibrant appearance mix 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of sugar, and 16 cups of water together and water the plants with the mixture to help them thrive.
Vinegar Tips for Cooking:1. Cheese Storage Cheese will last longer if you store it in a vinegar-soaked cloth.
2. Whiter Cauliflower Add a teaspoon or so of white vinegar to your cooking water while cooking cauliflower – it will retain a whiter color.
3. Ketchup Only have a little ketchup left in the bottle? Add a bit of vinegar and give it a good shake and you’ll have a bit more!
4. Boiling Eggs Add a bit of white vinegar to the water you’re boiling your eggs in, and the shells won’t crack.
5. Cooking Cabbage Add a bit of vinegar to the water you’re cooking your cabbage in to remove that stinky cabbage smell.
6. Fluffier Meringues Add 1 teaspoon vinegar for every three egg whites and you’ll have fluffier meringues.
7. Tenderize Meat Soak in vinegar over night.
8. Unsticky Rice To cook rice without sticking add a spoon full of vinegar in it.
9. Remove onion odors from skin Eliminate onion odor by rubbing vinegar on your fingers before and after slicing.
10. Disinfect/clean cutting boards Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards by wiping with full strength vinegar.
11. Make buttermilk Make buttermilk. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of milk and let it stand 5 minutes to thicken.
12. Potato Cooking Water Add 1 teaspoon to the water when you are boiling potatoes to avoid them going black. Note this does not apply to potatoes that are freshly dug or new. This works on potatoes that have been in storage over the winter.
13. To have tender, sweet fish, first soak the fish in a mixture of water and vinegar before cooking it.
14. If you fresh vegetables have begun to wilt, soak them in an equal amount of vinegar and cold water.
Vinegar Tips for Pets:
1. Pet’s drinking water. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to your pet’s
drinking water to encourage a shinier coat, and reduce odor.
2. Remove skunk odor Use vinegar straight to remove skunk odor from your pet’s fur.
3. Stop your cat’s scratching furniture Sprinkle or spray vinegar on areas you don’t want the cat scratching on.
4. Fish bowl cleaner Eliminate that ugly deposit in the gold fish tank by rubbing it with a cloth dipped in vinegar and rinsing well. For stubborn deposits, soak for several hours or overnight
5. Remove pet stains from carpets Blot up urine with a soft cloth, flush several times with lukewarm water, then apply a mixture of equal parts vinegar and cool water. Blot up, rinse, and let dry.
6. Clean pets cages I use a mixture of 50% White Vinegar and 50% Water
in a spray bottle to clean my pet cages. It disinfects and deodorizes it and is much cheaper than the commercial products. rinse with plain water.
7. Stops dogs scratching Read the cat scratch tip ;it works for dogs as well.
8. To stop puppies from chewing, spray undiluted vinegar on the puppies favorite chew spots.
9. Give your dog a gleaming coat by spraying or rubbing with a solution of 1 cup white distilled vinegar to 1 quart water. As a bonus, you save the cost of an expensive shine product used on
show animals. (Works even on a horse!)
10. Keep a dog from scratching its ears by wiping them out regularly with a soft cloth dipped in undiluted white distilled vinegar.
11. Discourage a cat from sitting on a certain windowsill or other surface, or from scratching upholstery, by spraying white distilled vinegar on the item. Test first on an unnoticeable area to be sure there won’t be a discoloration.
12. Keep a cat out of a garden area by placing paper, a cloth, or sponge there that has been soaked in white distilled vinegar.
13. Keep the birdbath clean by scrubbing it often with undiluted white distilled vinegar. Rinse well.
14. Keep flies away from horses or other outdoor pets by spraying a mixture of water and white distilled vinegar around the area where the animals are.
15. Remove cat litter odor by pouring ½ inch of white distilled vinegar in the empty litter box. Let it stand for 20 minutes, swish it around, then rinse with cold water.
16. Kill fleas by adding a little white distilled vinegar to your dog or cat’s drinking water.
17. Remove pet odors. After cleaning, cover the area with baking soda. Let it stand overnight. The next day vacuum up the baking soda and wash the area with white distilled vinegar. Rinse and
18. Cats hate the smell of vinegar. If you have a cat that is marking its territory around outside your house, spray the area with white distilled vinegar then rinse with a hose.
19. Prevent cats from eating your plants by spraying the leaves with a solution of white distilled vinegar and water.
Vinegar Health Tips:
1. Suffering from a sore throat? Mix a teaspoon vinegar with a glass of water. Gargle with the mixture and then swallow.
2. Remove calluses Try soaking your feet in a combination of white vinegar and warm water nightly and watch your feet soften noticeably.
3. Soak a washcloth in vinegar and gently apply it to sunburned skin for cool relief. Reapply as needed as it evaporates. Besides sunburn, vinegar also soothes the itch and irritation of bee stings!
4. Arthritis Tonic. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, several times a day.
5. Jellyfish Stings Dot the irritation with vinegar and relieve itching.
6. Sinus Infections and Head Colds Add 1/4 cup or more vinegar to the vaporizer.
7. Wart Removal Mix one part Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar to one part glycerin into a lotion and apply daily to warts until they dissolve.
8. Soothe an upset stomach Drink two teaspoons Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar in one cup water to soothe an upset stomach.
9. Mosquito bites Use a cotton ball to dab mosquito and other bug bites with Heinz Vinegar straight from the bottle.
10. Thousands of years ago, vinegar soaked sponge used for contraception
11. Relieve the discomfort of sunburn by rubbing vinegar lightly on the skin.
12. If you have itchy, dry skin, try adding 2 tablespoons of vinegar to your bath water to moisten your skin.
Misc. Vinegar Tips;
1. To keep windows from frosting over, wipe 1 tablespoon of water and 3 tablespoons of white distilled vinegar over the windows the night before to eliminate the chances of possible frosty windows.
2 your paint brushes become hard or stiff, soak the paint brushes in hot white distilled vinegar for a few minutes and then completely rinse them with soapy water.
3. Let your goldjewelryshine by cleaning them in a cup of apple cider vinegar. Soak the jewelry in the vinegar for 15 minutes and then dry them with a cloth.