The Wheel of the Year has turned once more, and you may feel like decorating your house accordingly. While you probably can’t find too many items marked as “Lammas decor” in your local discount store, there are a number of items you can use to decorate for lammas (lughansadh).
- Sickles and scythes, as well as other symbols of harvesting season
- Grapes and vines
- Dried grains, such as sheafs of wheat, bowls of oats, etc.
- Corn dolls, which you can make easily using dried husks
- Early fall vegetables, such as squashes and pumpkins, to represent the harvest, as well as abundance.
- Late summer fruits, like apples, plums and peaches, to celebrate the end of the summer harvest as we transition into fall.